Optimist, Activist,Optometrist and Reservist. Welcome to my world.

Tuesday 10 July 2007

Farewell Dinner with Family 080707

That's it! My last and final weekend in Singapore *sniff* before.. Fri the 13th!!! Fri the 13th has never been scarier for me! It was a simple affair with my family, just dinner with my family and my grandparents, Ah Wu (on the left, in blue) and Gong Gong on the right in white.

Dinner was at Xin Xiang Seafood and Steamboat (in Hougang Ave 8), where we had seafood like steamed grouper, fishhead curry and a wide variety of dishes. Too bad they ran out of Crabs! No more chillie crabs *sigh*.

In the usual fashion, I was NOT given the chance to choose a restaurant that I want, OR even to order the dishes I WANT, not that I'm complaining though.. the food was up to standard.


I mean.. what can possibly be less Singaporean than this!? Dinner in a traditional typical Singaporean *Kopitiam Restaurant, under a Uniquely Singaporean HDB Block. Dinner like that costs us a mere SGD$99.90 for so many people (xiaoping took the photos, she was there too!) and considering we food we ate, it's a steal!


*(Kopi = Coffee; Tiam= Shop. Literally translating to 'coffee shop', a term used to describe cheaper, lower end restaurants, usually situated near or within residential zones where people typically have their everyday meals )

Monitor this space for the next episode: Singapore City vs Melbourne City
Posted by Picasa

No comments: